SmarterMail – a highly efficient performance Windows Mail Server include out-of-the-box antispam solution, providing up to 97% antispam protection. The multi-layer antispam technology inclusive of – greylisting, SPF, SpamAssasin, DomainKeys/DKIM, Bayesian filtering, reverse DNS, RBL, blacklist/whitelist, SMTP blocking, custom headers, and per-user spam weighting. With the integration of CommTouch Premitum Antispam and Antivirus, system administrator could increase the spam filtering protection up to the accuracy of 99.5% .
The way on how SmarterMail process the spam filtering is outlined below in sequence :
- SMTP Connection
- IP Blacklisting/Whitelisting (whitelist wins)
- All SMTP Spam blocking checks occur (at MAIL command)
- Mail is blocked if weight exceeds spam blocking threshold.
- Greylisting (at each RCPT command)
- Message data written to spool
- SMTP Ends
- Spool picks up message
- ClamD is run (if applicable)
- Commtouch is run (if applicable)
- Command line EXE is run.
- All spam checks enabled for filtering are run
- Local delivery begins
- Delivery to mailbox occurs.
- Weight is tallied according to User/Domain/System spam settings.
- If sender is authenticated, is a trusted sender, is intra-domain and intra-domain spam checks are turned off, the weight is set to 0.
- Spam action occurs based on User/Domain/System actions set for weight.
- Remote Delivery begins
- Outgoing SMTP spam blocking checks are run.
- Message is blocked if it passes configured outgoing blocking weight.
- Message complete.
With the in-depth spam checks analysis performed by SmarterMail mail engine, it helps businesses filter out high probability of spam messages from getting into the inbox.